Bibim Guksu (Cold Noodle Salad)
- 180g/6.3 ounces dried buckwheat noodles (or soba noodles)
- 2 lettuce leaves (40g/ 1.5 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage (140g / 5 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber (60g / 2 ounces), julienned
- 1/3 small carrot (40g / 1.4 ounces), julienned
- (optional) 60g / 2 ounces red radish, julienned
- (optional) a few snow pea sprouts
- 2 Tbsp kimchi, cut into thumbnail size
BIBIM SAUCE (MIX THESE IN A BOWL)
- 2 Tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE BIBIM GUKSU
1. Boil the noodles in rolling boiling water following the package instructions. (I boiled mine for 3 mins.) Drain the noodles and run some cold water over the noodles to cool them down. Drain.
2. Place the noodles in a large serving bowl and add the salad ingredients and sauce. Serve.
3. Mix all ingredients well with chopsticks and indulge.